FTB Infinity Evolved Reset Vote

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by BigJazzz, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Are you happy for a map reset?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Meh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

Hi all

We've been tossing around the idea of reseting the Normal Mode map when it's upgraded to 2.6.0, and wanted to put it out to a vote. Please cast your vote here as an indication of whether you would be happy for a map reset.

A map reset accomplishes a few things:
    1. Puts everyone on equal footing again
    2. Resets resources
    3. Allows potential new resources to spawn (not applicable to this upgrade)
    4. Clears old bases out from players who haven't played in a while
  2. wolfman2

wolfman2 New Miner Staff Member Empyrion Mod Minecraft Mod Discord Mod +Supporter

Go for it, its about time it had a clean :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. What would happen to all the resources, machines and devices that an individual has already collected and built?
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. wolfman2

wolfman2 New Miner Staff Member Empyrion Mod Minecraft Mod Discord Mod +Supporter

All gone. Everyone starts fresh.
  5. scary... sad... but happy to go with the flow...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wolfman2

Its all good, it gives you a chance to try something new, improve your design, use some different mods, explore a different biome, team up with a different player. Think of it not as losing something, but as an opportunity to do something new. Theres usually a nice influx of players after a reset too so the server feels nice and active.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just started a little while ago, and I've been putting in a lot of time to get a lot of resources together... if I suddenly lost it all, I'd be upset. Would it be possible to allow everyone to say, take one chest or one inventory of stuff? And donator items - quarry, anchor etc - would they be reimbursed?

What sort of ETA do we have? If it's likely to happen soon, I'll probably quit NM for a while and try SB or something.

Cheers
    Volkie
  8. BigJazzz

We have considered the option of allowing people to retain some items, however logistically it's a nightmare trying to do it, and thus we decided against it. Unless Camo or Damage say otherwise, we wouldn't do it this time either. As a side-note, this is Normal Mode. Things are relatively easy to get on there. Yes, it requires some effort, but it's a lot more relaxed on some restrictions than EM or SB (e.g. trading) and recipes are a lot more relaxed.

All donator items that aren't craftable will be available again through the /kit command.

No ETA, as we are trying to gather an idea of what the player base would like.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. wolfman2

Rather than worry about losing things, have a think about how you can obtain them easier next time using your newfound experience.
    A bunch of us longtime players have been through many restarts, and we're still here :)
  10. With respect, 'long time' players that would push for this reset seem focused on playing SB or other worlds... I've got thousands of hours in plenty of other games that I'll never play again - Ark, WoW etc - and it wouldn't bother me if those servers reset, because I'm not actively playing those games.

The prospect of having wasted 100+ hours gathering resources in the last few immediate weeks is what upsets me. I could have gotten that experience in single player, but I thought to play on a server where my resources/base would have more longetivity. :p

Anyway, apologies if I've given offence, just wanted to give my honest opinion. I'm going away this weekend but next week I'll quit NM and try SB instead.
  11. BigJazzz

We've moved to the other servers as a challenge. We've done everything (or close to) that we could on NM, so we go to a new server where we have a fresh start. If anything, we see more "restarts" than most people.
  12. I vote yes! Would be cool starting on a fresh server where people aren't already fully established
  13. akondar

akondar Global Moderator Staff Member Global Mod

On multiple occasions we have opted to reset the server maps. Typically this is done in response to an update where a clean map is preferable/required to ensure all features and updates are implemented correctly.
    On other occasions it is done due to the server having been run for an extended period of time and it was decided that resetting was good for the health of the community and server as after quite some time of running the map it gets cluttered with unused bases and player protected zones as well as being stripped of resources that can't be easily replaced.

Resets of Normal Mode are not the end of the world.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. GTCharged

GTCharged Resident American Staff Member Minecraft Mod

I vote yes. The map is very cluttered with old bases that haven't been used in 3+ months, by players that haven't been on in 6+.

If you check the livemap, you'll see what I mean. We shall see though, as to what the vote ends up showing.
  15. Yes, "Restarts" Another word for "Oop's, A nuclear reactor blew up and wiped out my base or island":D
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BigJazzz

Don't you mean "I was stupid and teleposed a chaos crystal in to the overworld"?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GTCharged

GTCharged Resident American Staff Member Minecraft Mod

I'd say these results are solid.
  18. if NM gets reset, i'll come back and play more, then Jazz won't have to miss me :p
  19. BigJazzz

HA HA! #approved!
  20. Most of the people who have voted for a map reset don't even play on NM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.