FTB Infinity Evolved Reset Vote

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by BigJazzz, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Are you happy for a map reset?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Meh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

Savage, from what I've heard the 1.10 packs are unstable at the moment. There hasn't been any real discussion atm regarding moving to a 1.10 pack.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Savage_Me55iah

Savage_Me55iah Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Fair enough Jazz
  3. akondar

akondar Global Moderator Staff Member Global Mod

The other key difficulty is that a number of the tools and plugins we use have not and likely will not be updated to the latest version for some time which makes server moderation of non-standard packs difficult if not impossible.
  4. MisterNormie

MisterNormie New Miner +Supporter Spam Cleaner

That size is not too bad, but I can see how hosting that for a DL could be not good.

Will the seed be changing also with this reset?
  5. akondar

Typically yes as it provides variety.
  6. MisterNormie

I thought so, but thought i had better ask. New Seed hype.
  7. Rilrom

Rilrom New Miner

Is it worth starting on the server now or is a reset happening relatively soon?
  8. akondar

At this point we do not have a timeframe for this reset and the vote has not officially closed.
    I'd advise against playing Expert mode certainly. If you are looking for something else to play we have an infinity skyblock, an ARK server and a starmade server.
  9. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

</lurk>

I really think you should just go ahead and add a Rule that says:
    "It is the Policy of this server to reset the map every ~6-9 months because: <LIST OF PROS>. While we do understand that <LIST OF CONS>; we generally believe that on balance the pros will outweigh the cons as t → 6 + ∞. Around these times we will post to the forums and discuss the timing of the reset with the community; but unless either a clear majority of players oppose it, or some other technical reason justifies delaying it, you should assume an ~6-9 month reset is just part of the natural cycle of life on this server and play accordingly. Also, there may be times when changes between pack versions effectively require a reset to prevent server instability, in which case we will explain this but will reset the map regardless."

Question: How many times has a reset been announced but then actually called off?

I'm not trying to be snarky, it's pretty clear in the time that I've been here that "we reset the server every ~6 months" is just How This Server Rolls, and that's a perfectly reasonable policy for a server to have. Just like the policy that This Is A Family-Friendly Server, so it's not ok to swear or be 'salty' to your heart's content and it will never matter how passionately or eloquently or logically you lawyer the heck out of the First Amendment; "don't be salty" is just How This Server Rolls.

What I suspect a lot of people find frustrating is the mis-interpretation that if a few people actually are unhappy with the reset and point out all the just as reasonable counter-arguments, then there's a good change it might get called off. So then everybody on both sides goes full Year 10 Debate Team at each other and rehashes the exact. same. arguments. every. single. time. and then the reset happens anyway. Only now we've not only lost all our stuff but also a bunch of respect for each other because each side now thinks the other side [doesn't care about the time, effort and sense of personal accomplishment about to be lost] / [needs to grow up and learn to let go of attachments as they are the true source of unhappiness to the soul in this world].

[​IMG]

<lurk>
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. wolfman2

wolfman2 New Miner Staff Member Empyrion Mod Minecraft Mod Discord Mod +Supporter

I second this motion. Having all the cards on the table, even though all of them aren't technically rules, avoids some confusion and angst in the long run.
    Thats just how this server rolls. I like it.
  11. GTCharged

GTCharged Resident American Staff Member Minecraft Mod

Spot on, and extra points for using The Dude. My soul animal, so to speak.
  12. Let's reset EM at the same time! Totally keen for a fresh start on EM.
  13. akondar

Due to server/pack limitations this reset will be resetting EM as well.
  14. Ohh this completes me! Maximum excitement. Keen to get back into EM
  15. MisterNormie

As long as I get a heads up so I can blow my current base sky high! haha
  16. I say yes ive been absent due to personal reasons but i do come on from time to time so i think a fresh start would be great idea :)
  17. please just do it, how much more of a minority vote is necessary? 81.8% is fairly clear. Also for the record, I have no idea about the constant "Meh" as a response to a question. if it is meant as a maybe than divide that by half and add it to the total and 85.45% to 14.55% I know it's not that easy, i personally have been through 2 world resets myself. and don't get me started on ark. lol
  18. We aren't stalling on the decision from the vote. We are waiting until we finish testing the pack on a test server before we follow through with it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ok np forsco.
  20. Hey all, due to family reasons I have been away from the server for quite a long time. I still think reset is a good idea, hopefully be back for reset day.
    I must say a certain 1.10 pack is coming along nicely from what I have been testing, Plugin updates are a big problem as you said, soontm with any luck maybe. ;)

Thanks again to the staff for working on the server you guys are awesome.:cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.